What is carbon paste laser facial ?
This unique laser treatment is used for skin resurfacing and rejuvenation. This procedure helps enhance the skin’s radiance as well as promoting a smooth and glowing complexion. It has been described as producing a porcelain doll effect on the skin. It also helps to tighten and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
How does it work ?
A carbon paste is applied to the skin prior to treatment and allowed to dry. Then using one of the best laser systems in the world, short rapid, high intensity laser pulses are delivered into the carbon paste covered skin. The carbon absorbs absorbs the high laser energy which in turn causes an implosion of the carbon into tiny particles.
The treatment has many advantageous effects on the skin, such as :
- Reducing imperfections
- Reducing pores
- Removing dirt
- Tightening the skin by causing neocollagenesis ( stimulates new collagen growth )
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes dead skin cells
- Restores skin integrity
- Clears pores to help reduce blackheads and whiteheads
What to expect ?
The treatment is non-invasive, comfortable and gentle and most people describe the sensation as a light tingling feeling similar to pins and needles. The treatment takes around 30-45 mins start to finish.
- A visible difference is felt and seen usually after the first treatment but a course of treatments is advised.
- After treatment your skin will be cleansed and it is advised to also have a moisturising treatment.
- Results are improved if smoking, sun exposure, and stress is kept at a minimum.
- The results may last for months, even a year or two, however the longevity of any effects is determined by the severity of the skin condition, type and also lifestyle.